Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Chicken Breasts....

I have had to make some major changes to my diet.  Being a Kansas girl, I love my beef!  Recent blood tests show that I have high cholesterol and high triglycerides. I have recently read an article that seems to point more toward inflammation (which I have been dealing with for YEARS!) as a major problem and I am doing all I can to fight this without taking drugs!  So I am doing all I can - eating more fish and CHICKEN BREASTS - this is important because I have information and a recipe to share with you.
For more info check out: http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART03028/High-Cholesterol.html

 So I want the best quality food I can get for my money - and I have found one AMAZING option that I think everyone should check into - Zaycon Foods!  I will be picking up my order o Chicken in just a couple of weeks and I am SUPER excited.  I will be getting 100% natural boneless, skinless chicken breast, with NO added hormones, additives or artificial ingredients.  This comes directly from the processor and has never been frozen.  Click here to learn more and sign up to get super deals at Zaycon Foods. Check to see what they have available  near you!  Some of the many products they provide: Strawberries, Peaches, Bacon, Sausage, Pulled Pork and Wild Flower Honey... and the list goes on and on, Wild Caught Cod, Ground Beef,  Wild Alaskan-Caught Sockeye Salmon. You just have to go see for yourself!

Here is my new favorite "go to" chicken recipe - it is fast, easy and makes juicy chicken breasts!

Tangy Chicken Breast
These are the only two I got a picture of, they smell so good cooking that we all dove right in!

 4 - 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 - 8 oz plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
Salt, pepper (I use red pepper) and garlic powder - or whatever seasonings you prefer!

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
Spray your baking pan with non-stick spray.
Mix the yogurt and cheese 
Pat the chicken breasts with paper towel so they are not wet.  Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic (or you may mix the seasonings in with the yogurt)
Spread yogurt mixture over top of chicken
Bake  for 45 minutes or until cooked through.  Top of chicken should be slightly brown, if not you may broil for the last 2 - 5 minutes (watch that it does not burn).

I may try this same thing on my fish this week - it really is yummy!



No comments:

Post a Comment